Translate

Monday, January 6, 2014

Unique Ways To Use Toggle Clasps

I have commented in another post that I like to use toggle clasps in a slightly unconventional way. I thought it would be a good idea for a post, to explore this a little more in depth.

I have to say I love, love, & love toggle clasps. To me, they are a MUST to have when creating. I like them because, unlike connector findings, toggle claps have connected rings that vary in size.They can also be more decorative than plain jump rings. 


By now, I hope you have read enough of my posts to know I like to sew the end jump rings into my stitches. Toggle clasps give me the option to use the large ring or the small, depending on the size I need.


























They can also be used to connect pendants to necklaces. This pendant is removable.











Or you can simply link them together instead of using ribbon or chain.










When you pick your toggles, pay attention to the direction in which the rings are connected. Make sure you link them so they will lay flat.














They work well as connectors for the focal points in your necklaces,also.





Toggles are wonderful for decorative focal breaks in your pieces. This is what I love about stitching beads! Especially the more simple stitches. You can easily end your beading point, start another and then connect them. 





Create pieces that are as chunky or dainty as you like!
Always trust your creative flow and don't be afraid to express your own style. 







Once again thank you so much for your time and attention. I truly hope this helps you and your friends add beauty and expression to your wardrobe.


If you have any questions or trouble applying what you've learned please do not hesitate to contact me. I would be thrilled to help.     


I welcome comments and feedback from all, whether you are experienced or a beginner.

Feel free to visit my website for ideas or purchases http://eyekandyjewelry.wix.com/handmadejewelry

No comments:

Post a Comment